This position is responsible for the quantitative analysis (takeoff), summarization, and bid preparation of prospective projects.
• Perform complete, accurate takeoffs of plans, in a timely manner.
• Build through experience an understanding of industry standards, materials, procedures, electrical code, etc.
• Possess a thorough knowledge of the company’s estimating software
• Propose value engineering suggestions on each project to management.
• Refine the estimate prior to bid submittal.
• Understand the project’s design, risks, competition, players, etc. for bid preparation.
• Understand bidding procedures and strategic opportunities relating to the bid.
• Excellent written skills and telephone etiquette.
• The ability to analyze, solve problems, and make independent decisions.
• The ability to communicate well with, have the respect of, and develop positive relationships with vendors, architects, engineers, and general contractors.
• A positive attitude, work ethic, and ability to work as part of a team.
• The ability to listen.
• Intelligence, assertiveness, and confidence when representing company interests.
• Efforts on behalf of the company’s strategic plan and achieving company’s goals.
Must be able to alternate between sitting and standing in a general office environment. Some travel to other offices or job sites may be required.
Westphal & Company is equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.