Jayden Herrig is the Branch Manager of Dubuque Operations for Westphal & Company. Jayden has been with the company for 15 years. Now let’s take some time to learn more about Jayden!
Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
- I Volunteer as a coach for several youth sports programs.
- Iowa Hawkeyes and Chicago Cubs fan
- I enjoy spending time with my wife and five children.
What was your first job?
- Apprentice electrician. My job first was at the Julien Dubuque hotel renovation. My duties were helping JW’s on a daily basis and keeping the jobsite clean.
What did your journey into working at Westphal & Co. look like?
- I’ve been with Westphal & Company for 15 years.
- Started my apprenticeship in 2008
- Became a journeyman electrician in 2013
- Foreman for Westphal from 2013-2016
- Foreman to Project manager Sept 2016 – Jan 2023
- Branch manager Dubuque Operation Jan 2023 – Present
What do you like most about your job?
- Working through challenges with our customers and giving them the best result at the end of a project. Every day brings a new challenge, new technology is evolving in this trade every day.