The Preconstruction Manager is the first leader of a project and sets the expectations for the initial call. Duties include managing budget updates, value engineering options, internal and external communication, schedule management, and long lead procurement. The Precon Manager’s curiosity, detailed diligence, and dedication sets up the project up for a smooth transition to the Operations Team. To be successful, the Precon Manager must balance multiple projects and client expectations, tapping resources as necessary to align a project for success from inception to completion.
- Participate in pre-award strategies associated with the RFP and required interview
- Lead contact for all internal and external communications – managing meetings, emails, tasks, and notetaking
- Prepare project budgets/estimates from conceptual to final contract amount in coordination with estimating team
- Oversee 3D coordination to ensure BIM success and full prefabrication utilization
- Participate in the final project success strategy, which includes constructability options, setting the final contract amount, long lead item procurement and construction schedule input
- Maintain historical cost information to leverage on future pursuits
- Develop and maintain relationship with industry contacts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Independently motivated, strong work ethic with excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, working well under pressure with minimum supervision
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment
Education and Experience:
- 7-10 +years of electrical contracting experience or MEP coordination
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of construction principles
- Must be self-motivated, curious, and flexible to accommodate the ever-changing environment
Must be able to alternate between sitting and standing in a general office environment. Travel to other offices or job sites may be required.
This is a full-time in person position.
Westphal & Company is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.